I'm going abroad! To Italy! I'll be studying physical theatre at the Accademia dell'Arte in Arezzo for this exciting spring semester. On this blog I will write about things I eat, places I go, things I eat, people I meet, things I eat, classes I take, and things I eat. You may read and be hungry. MUCH LOVE AND I MISS YOU!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Teatro!

I've finished my first week of classes, and they've been fantastic! Each day we have a movement class, a voice class, an italian class, and a philosophy class (each for 2 hours). As the semester progresses, our schedule morphs to have different focuses each week (one week of extra commedia training, a clowning week, a more intensive voice week, etc). For the first week though, we had a more even schedule to lay the groundwork. The teachers are all fantastic, have adorable accents, and I'm learning loads. ALSO, I'm ridiculously sore, so hopefully this implies that I won't have to worry about the Italian freshman fifteen!

There's an MFA program here at the same time, and two of the MFA guys are awesome jugglers, so if I return to America unable to do tons of crazy juggling tricks, please chastise me.

Last night was the first of multiple cabarets, when anyone at the villa (teachers, students, mfa people, whoever) can perform whatever they want. It was awesome to see how much amazing talent, humor, and variety is here. There's an open air market in Arezzo today and another fair here for the weekend, so I'm excited to explore a little on my weekend off from class.

No comments:

Post a Comment