I'm going abroad! To Italy! I'll be studying physical theatre at the Accademia dell'Arte in Arezzo for this exciting spring semester. On this blog I will write about things I eat, places I go, things I eat, people I meet, things I eat, classes I take, and things I eat. You may read and be hungry. MUCH LOVE AND I MISS YOU!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

il mio primo fine settimana!

I'm nearing the end of my first weekend in Arezzo, and it has been a blast! During the first weekend of each month, Arezzo holds an antique fair. Now every antique fair I've been to and/or seen and/or driven by and/or sprinted away from in America has been a rickety collection of ugly chairs. In Arezzo, antique fair means that the whole city - literally countless streets and piazzas - are all filled with vendor after vendor of awesome stuff. Beautiful jewelry, awesome leather bags, gorgeous old furniture and paintings, artwork, some clothing. I posted a couple pictures below of some of the awesome stuff lining the streets. Plus, everyone in Italy dresses beautifully, so going into town is kind of like living on a runway of a fashion show. And everybody has BEAUTIFUL dogs.

A huge success also occurred yesterday in that I found a hair dryer that won't explode the European sockets!! I can now coif without exploding the villa, which is a positive step. We went into salons for about two hours asking directions, and they kept telling us (to the best of our Italian knowledge, at least) that if we went to a certain piazza (which we couldn't find) we would see "tutto per capelli!" We were a little confused how sitting in a piazza would suddenly reveal to us "everything for hair," but we trudged on and eventually found the store named "tutto per capelli." I suppose that explains why we could never figure out the name of the place we were being sent to...

Saturday night we went to dinner at a delicious amazing place of which I can't remember the name, and then went to "la discoteca" for the night, where I attempted practicing Italian with bunches of locals. The people from Arezzo love when we practice Italian with them - it seems to amuse them just as if we were hilarious 5 year olds.

After a busy start to the weekend, we took a little bit lazier of a Sunday, playing a pick-up soccer game at a nearby park. And tonight we are taking our first step into an exciting yet terrifying realm : we're going to get non-Italian food in Italy, specifically Chinese delivery. Should be fabulous.

antique bidet. fabulous.





lunch in arezzo!


Dinner saturday night!

1 comment:

  1. Reading about your delicious pizzas and airport fur coats makes me so happy.
    This looks fabulous.
    Happy for you and miss you!

    Madz

    ReplyDelete